From:
Dina Moreth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:12:54 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I live in the Chicagoland area and recently contacted the Portillo's
corporate office regarding the ingredients in their Italian Beef.  Larry
told me that their beef is dry roasted with nothing added, and that the
gravy only contains whole spices - garlic, oregano, etc., and msg.  When I
asked the source of the msg, he found out that it was made in Korea, but
states right on the package that it is processed from cane and molasses.

Did I cover all my bases?  It sounds like there is no gluten here, but I
wanted to see what some of you thought.

Thanks.  I will summarize.

Dina