From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:37:09 -0500

I received 5 responses to my question about Montina All Purpose Flour
Blend.  My original request was to find out if others who have baked with
this flour have found the end product dry.  I made a coffeecake using this
flour.  The cake was tasty and the flour was easy to work with.  But it was
dry.  Since I used this in a new recipe, I was not sure if the dryness was
because of the flour or the recipe.

The responses that I have received are inconclusive.  Some have experienced
dry end products and others have not.

DRY:  One person experienced dry and also crumbly end products.  One person
had the flour and had not used it yet.  But, she noticed that the recipes
called for more egg than usual and felt that this indicated that the flour
would be dry without a recipe adjustment.

MOIST:  One person has baked quite a bit with the flour and everything has
been moist and delicious.

OTHER:  One person has used this flour only for baking bread.  In bread
there has been no issues with dryness.  One person uses Montina Pure flour
and mixes it with other GF flours.  This person also has had no issues with
dryness.

Thank you all for your help.  I guess I will continue to experiment with
this flour.

Francie Kelley
Austin, TX