Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:44:20 PST

Here are the results of my first internet on-line
celiac disease poll:

How old were you when you were diagnosed (by a doctor)
with CD?

0 - 9 years (48)      17%
10 - 19 years (8)      3%
20 - 29 years (30)    11%
30 - 39 years (70)    25%
40 - 49 years (57)    21%
50 - 59 years (47)    17%
60 - 69 years (14)     5%
70 years and up (4)    1%
Total (278)          100%

Although this poll is not scientific, there was a large
response (10% of our mailing list) compared to other polls
we have done by just using email.  Keep in mind that most
of the respondents are people who have internet access.
I did process some votes by email for people who requested
to have their votes tallied as well.

It is interesting to note the 46% of the respondents were
diagnosed in their 30's and 40's.  This is a far cry from
the old school belief that celiac disease only appears in
infancy.

The results of this poll can be viewed at:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/celiac-poll-1.html

Abigail, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group http://www.customforum.com/celiac/
Moderated chats: Mon 8-9pm E.T.