From:
ken and julie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ken and julie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:06:05 -0600

I received 2 responses which follow.  Thank you to those who responded!

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59 national/regional
restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items. There's also a
gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant personnel to
ease the ordering process.

Oriental-
Su's Garden will make most things on the menu with white (corn) sauce and do
not mind if you take your own soy sauce.

Wonderful Seafood
Snook Inn
I have had the broiled seafood lovers and the broiled scallops which were
both wonderful. They have a salad bar but I do not eat the bread. THey keep it
very clean
No reservations, go early!

Four - five star
Old Marco Inn and Restaurant
They will accomodate you if you are specific and ask to speak to the chef if
you need to. I went for lunch and had a salad with chicken on it. You do need
reservations

Porky's BarBQue
Very casual - on Bald Eagle Drive
They smoke the chicken and serve the sauce separate. Their salad bar also has
smoked chicken salad which is delicious. I have never been able to have the
soup or the bread. They do have wonderful sweet potatoes and ribs.

Marco Marriott Resort
Has a buffet called Tropiks. You can look at the buffet and if you have
questions, just ask for the chef. They will ususally come out and talk to you and
tell you what items are gluten free.

Do  not go to the Bavarian Restaurant on Winterberry. I even talked to the
owner and was serverd sauerkraut with wheat flour in it.

There are many other very exclusive restaurants which have excellent chefs.
All of these need reservations and you can tell them in advance that you need a
gluten free diet.