From:
Christine Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2011 17:28:31 -0400

My son was diagnosed with celiac disease 15 years ago when he was a
teenager.  At the time of his endoscopy, his throat was so small from scarring from
acid reflux that a large curd of cottage cheese could make him choke.  The
endoscopy seemed to help with that and hopefully the g/f diet has helped
too--I know it has in other ways.
But his throat is still so tight that eating is a painfully slow process
and even soft food can make him choke.  Does anyone out there know if there is
a process to help with this?  I'm not even sure if he should go back to a
gastroenterologist and get another endoscopy or go to an ENT for the problem.
   It doesn't help that he has no health insurance.
   I'd appreciate any advice.  We live in the Denver Metro area so I'd also
appreciate a recommendation of a good doctor.  The last Gastroenterologist
he went to couldn't get the scope down his throat since it was so tight and
the doctor had no pediatric scope which might have helped.
Thanks!
                      Christine in Colorado