Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:34:49 EST

Posted by Olwyn on:
_http://members2.boardhost.com/glutenfree/msg/1137244411.html_
(http://members2.boardhost.com/glutenfree/msg/1137244411.html)
I bought a book the other day, "Talk to the Hand" by Lynne Truss,  She's the
lady who also wrote "Eats, Shoots & Leaves". I bought it  because it looked as
though it might be quite funny.
Anyway I got as  far as page 5, where she is writing about pet hates - people
who chat in  the cinema; young people who walk four abreast on the pavement
etc. - and  she goes on to write -
" I now can't abide many, many things, and am actually always on the  lookout
for more things to find completely unacceptable. Whenever I hear  of someone
being 'gluten intolerant' or 'lactose intolerant', for example,  I feel I've
been missing out. I want to be gluten intolerant too. I mean,  how much longer
do we have to put up with that gluten crap?"
I was really irritated by that remark and just put the book away. I now  have
no desire whatsoever to carry on reading it.
**************
If anyone from here wants to complain about what Lynnne Truss wrote in her
book please contact the people below to do so.

Jean Anne Rose
Publicity Manager, Gotham Books
212-366-2528
Email: