From:
Joan Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:22:47 -0800

Dear List servers,

I went to my physician and to my health plan allergist yesterday to let
them know that I am experienceing what looks like food sensitivities other
than gluten due to possible intestinal permeability, leaky gut symptoms. I
have been diagnosed, and gluten free, since 2/04, and have been doing
pretty well on the diet until 3 weeks ago, when GI symptoms popped up,
again, requiring Lomotil, daily.
The allergist gave me the RAST tests - all negative. He did not order the
blood tests for food sensitivity. I told them it is a type of Elisa test,
that  confirms if you have "sensitivities, or intolerances" for soy, corn,
seafood, nuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, etc.
Can someone help me to better define, or name the blood test? Is there a
website that describes this? Thank you.