From:
cheryl in colorado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cheryl in colorado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:44:24 -0700

This morning as my children were finishing their Kroger Golden Corn
Nuggets cereal, my 8 y.o. daughter read the ingredients list and asked
me how to spell wheat.  When I told her, she said the cereal had wheat
in it.  I was horrified, checked for myself and she was right!  Kroger
is apparently joining other cereal companies in adding wheat starch to
their previously GF cereals.  I was angry at myself for being complacent
and not checking the ingredients list before buying.  I am angry at
Kroger for adding what is obviously an extraneous ingredient.  And I am
saddened that one more food must be eliminated from my family's safe
food list.

I called the company at 1-800-632-6900 and was only told that "my
comment would be forwarded to Quality Control for further
investigation".  They didn't even offer to take my name or address or
phone so they could get back to me!  So disappointing!!!

On the positive side, this does explain some recent behavior problems in
my 6 y.o.

Cheryl in Colorado