From:
"Lorry B. Getz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:49:48 -0600

Hi,

Sorry this took so long but we were unable to access our internet
services for quite some time.

I had approximately 20 replies and 98% of them were all requests from
folks who were going to be in the Orlando area between this month and a
year from now and were anxious to hear what I had "uncovered".

For  Orlando, the following information was given to me:

- There's a Bakery/health food store in the Orlando/Winter Park area
called "Clementine's".  They have some gluten free stuff.

-There's a health food store in Orlando called Chamberlin's Natural
Foods and it's at 4960 E. Colonial Drive, in Orlando.  this information
was gleaned from the website:
www.glutenfree.com/florida.htm

-One person indicated they eat at the Outback Steakhouse in Orlando on
Kirkman Road (near Universal Studios) and they order grilled steak plain
(no spices), steamed vegetables and a baked potato.

As for Fort Lauderdale, I only got one response...from a resident who
resides in that area.

That person shared that there are 2 restaurants in that county (Broward)
whose chefs/owners have been educated about celiac disease and are more
than willing to work with you.  These places are:
- Cafe Arugula in Lighthouse Point/Pompano Beach.  This restaurant's
chef/owner has a sister who has celiac.  This place is highly
recommended and they will definitely work with you to give you a
pleasurable dining experience.

-Pastabilities in Weston.  These people will work with you and if you
bring your own pasta, they will prepare a GF meal for you.

There are several health food stores in Ft. Lauderdale area such as Wild
Oats available.

Hope all this helps!  For those of you who are going to Orlando in the
next month or two, please do share with us if you do come across any
other restuarants that accommodate celiacs.  This seems to be a much
needed resource.

Robin in Denver