From:
Sally Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 09:20:12 -0500

Imagine how happy I was when my daughter made me Low-Fat GF Broccoli
Cheese Corn Muffins for Christmas brunch!  The muffins are yummy.   The
broccoli keeps them moist and together.  For non-broccoli lovers, I
suppose spinich or other vegetable would sub.

2 cups whole grain cornmeal
1 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c nonfat buttermilk
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli pieces, thawed, squeezed dry
1 cut shredded low fat or reduced fat cheddar cheese

        Combine cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large
bowl.  Mix well.  Add the buttermilk, egg whites and stir just until the
dry ingrediats are moist.  Fold in broccoli and cheese.
Coat muffin tins with vegetable spray and fill 3/4 full.  Bake at 350
for 16-18 minutes.  Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.  These are
wonderful muffins and I intend to take them to work for my lunch!  My
non GF family members approved!  Happy holidays, Sally (Arlington VA)