From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:08:40 +0000

I followed up to confirm the information in the message below I received
from Oral-B regarding their claim that no gluten is added to their product.
I spoke with the Manager in the consumer affairs department, Tina Unseor at
ext. 2264 (1-800-272-8611).  She reiterated that no gluten is added by her
company to the product but that she could "not exclude gluten in the raw
manufacture of the raw materials" and that this is the position of her
company.  As an example, she cited that gluten might get into the product
from "machines" such as cross-contamination issues as well as anywhere up to
the time the raw materials are received.  She did not say what machines.
She said that she will contact marketing to determine if more can be done to
investigate whether or how gluten can enter this product and if it is still
the position the company needs to take.  Also, I requested whether the
company can be more specific and less vague about why it cannot guarantee
the product to be GF.
Interestingly, she claimed that their dental polishing compound was declared
GF (prophy paste) because of the following what she called "synthetic
materials":  lava pumice, sacchariin, glycerin, flavor and colorings.  She
said that the flavoring had no alcohol and the coloring was just certified
FDA coloring.

Thank you for contacting Braun regarding your Satin Floss. We are anxious to
see
that our products meet your needs and expectations.  We appreciate your
interest
and hope you find this information helpful.

In regards to your inquiry, I have looked at all of the ingredients in all
of
the flosses that Oral-B makes, we don't use grain in any of the floss and
the
make.  To answer your second question the mint flavor is natural so it's not
alcohol based.

Hopefully, I have answered your questions and this information will help you
in
the future.

If you should need additional assistance, please contact our Consumer
Service
Department at 1-800-BRAUN-11 (272-8611).

Angela Kreisman
Consumer Service Associate

From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you’ll find a
range of helpful holiday info here.