Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 16:56:47 -0500

Thank you all for the responses.  Its sounds like there will be no trouble
in Ireland at all.  Here are the responses I got:

1)when we were in ireland it did not matter where we went. EVERYONE knew
about celiac and we had no problem. have a great trip.
2)You will have a fabulous time! I was in Dublin last summer and thoroughly
enjoyed it because everyone knew what eating GF meant.  Have fun! It's a
great place for celiacs to go!
3)Plenty of GF foods in TEsco and Superquinn ( see superquinn.ie )
supermarkets and also in health food stores recommend stocking up to have
GF food at hand when traveling
Note if lactose intolerant - be careful they dress most of their veggies in
butter.
Some restaurants do have GF items -
One really good restaurant - Roly's in Ballsbridge Dublin cater for Celiacs
as chef/owner is a celiac - they also bake GF bread.( suggest reservations)
4)Eat a full Irish breakfast without the bread and you will be full all
day. Also,you can find lots of steamed or baked salmon and salads. Hope
this helps.
5)This is a bunch of information I collected before heading to Ireland.
Thought it might come in handy. Truth be told, I barely glanced at this
as the majority of restaurants/grocery stores know what celiac is and are
very understanding. Any of the Tesco stores will have an aisle with
gluten free food. I even managed to survive on a very low income.
Enjoy, I had the time of my life!

Thanks again, mike