From:
Eric And Carrie Bielecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:33:59 -0600

Dear Everyone,
    I am writing in response to Joan's message about Nestle's products.  I
find it interesting that she got this response.  I contacted the company
through e-mail and I received a list of Gf products and some helpful info.
from Jackie Mastruzzo, a consumer response rep.

    She specifically wrote that NesQuik is GF.  It also said that the
product lines are NOT dusted with flour at the manufacturing facilities.

    Here is the list I received:

        Albers
        Yellow Cornmeal
        White Cornmeal
        Quick Grits  (I didn't think grits were GF.)  ??

        Nestle Toll House
        Mint Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (seasonal)
        Semi-Sweet Choc. Morsels
        Semi-Sweet Choc. Chunks
        Semi-Sweet Mini Morsels
        Premier White Morsels
        Milk Choc. Morsels
        Peanut Butter &Milk Choc. Morsels
        Semi-Sweet Choc. Covered Raisins
        Choco Bake
        Cocoa Powder
        Premier White Baking Bar
        Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
        Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar

        Nestle Carnation Milks
        Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
        Evaporated Milk
        Lowfat Evaporated Milk
        Fat Free Evaporated milk
        Sweetened Condensed Milk

        Libby's Pumpkin
        100% Pure Pumpkin
        Easy Pie Mix

** I also received a list of products that are known to contain gluten.
This list included products that contained malt, pretzels, and graham.  Here
are the products that I would not have suspected w/o reading the label (and
I don't know what the label says.)

    NOT GF

       David & Son's--Seeds-Ranch flavor (yeast)

    WONKA
        Oompas glucose syrup (from wheat)
        Wonka Bar (wheat flour)
        Xploder Bar (malt)

    SEASONAL
        Nestle minieggs (flour)

**Please note:  there were other products specifically listed in the NOT GF
category.  I did not feel like typing these though, but they are ones that
contain malt or flour.  I think it would be obvious from the label that
these contain gluten.

Isn't it frustrating that we get two very different responses from the same
company (two different people in that company though.)  Can't they get their
"stuff" together?

Just thought I should pass this along because I had also been wondering
about the status of NesQuik since I use it all the time.

Good luck staying GF everybody!

Carrie