From:
Kathy Gee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Gee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:03:32 -0700

Here are the summaries regarding my post about having stomach problems after visiting the dentist for a simple cleaning yesterday:

My sister is a dental hygienist and she is well versed with celiac disease.
She insists that the staff should check with the manufacturing co. to
determine if the paste is GF.  Some pastes do include flour.

In the future, when you have your teeth cleaned use the plain pumice. Plain pumice does not have gluten. If you did use the plain pumice this time,then that's not what's causing the problem.

very much so...did you check the archives for gf cleaning mixtures?right now, take vertratrum alb 30c to stop the gluten reaction

prophy paste is made with wheat starch. Request that your hygienist use pumice and water instead, or offer your  own toothpaste.

That happens to me every time. They try to be careful. I think in your case it could be the polishing compound. In mine since they use my tooth paste, I suspect the sterilizing solution.