From:
AILSA E. CAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:42:09 -0500

Wow. Was I impressed with the prompt response to my enquiry regarding
vinegar. Obviously, the distillation process removes any gluten and is
therefore a safe product for us. Several people thought I was allergic
only to wheat, but I understand only too well and too often the
intestinal pain related to ingesting gluten. Because so many other
celiacs seem to have a problem with vinegar, I was interested in the
connection. I wondered if a celiac has a predisposition to an alleric
reaction to vinegar. Obviously, according to the myriad of responses,
they are not inter-related. Good news for vinegar lovers.