From:
"Michael W. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:08:17 -0400

Sue Goldstein mentioned the wonderful products from the Gluten-Free Pantry this
week and their E-Mail address.  Some people may not desire to post their credit
card number in an E-Mail message.  This problem can be avoided by establishing
an account with the Pantry or any other outlet.  Once the account is
established, they have your credit card number on file.

Then it is just a simple matter, place the order and include your complete name
and address.  Some could make a good case for including your account number
that all vendors use for tracking each customer.  The only problem here is
that, it could be intercepted and use with a different address.  True not as
bad as a credit card but still a questionable area.

Remember, you are responsible for keeping the credit card information current.

Allow me to add a different subject to this posting.

Occasionally, the Listowners will send message to a poster concerning a message
that is sent to the List.  Often, this will be regarding a posting that should
have gone to an individual, instead of the entire list.  Many do not receive
copies of their own postings.  In a nice way, we try to inform you that a
mistake was made and 640 people saw your private message.

If you do make a mistake do your best to please try to avoid the problem
next time.  Well, since I made the same mistake this week, this is my reminder
that I am not perfect.

Our driving force is to keep, the List running for the benefit of celiacs who
need the information.  There are always reasons for reducing traffic: costs and
time are the biggest factor.  If in doubt about a question, send it to my ID
and I will attempt to give you some insight or just ask that it be posted for
obtaining List feedback.  Some of the hard subjects may take awhile, and I may
just send a short note back with details to follow.

You, the Listmembers are doing a wonderful job of controlling the "junk" mail.
It could be better but compared to some other Lists, it is wonderful.

Anyone having bad experiences in these matter, should E-mail me directly at my
ID and I will summarize the messages back to the List.

Michael Jones, [log in to unmask]
Living a wonderful, GF life in Orlando, FL USA