From:
"G.L.Ayre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:07:34 +1100

Thanks to the Aussies who gave me information after my last posting and
also others who wrote to me. I realise now how insignificant my symptoms
are compared with others.
        I have a suggestion for anyone who has trouble explaining the condition
to others. By saying it is an allergy you tend to go on having to list
all the things you can't eat and you watch as eyes glaze over. I suggest
that you say something like.....'think of it as being like diabetes
except that my body cannot process gluten.' On the whole people
understand diabetes and the havoc it causes in the body.
        Now my question to Aussie list members. What savoury spreads can I put
on toast? I am having Vegemite, Promite and Marmite withdrawal symptoms.

Gretel