From:
Will Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 22:02:10 -0700

Has anyone else tried the Pancake and Muffin mix from Authentic Foods?
Not only was it good, I can honestly say it made the best pancakes I
have ever tasted, and I don't think wheat-based pancakes have any
advantage at all.  The Authentic mix rose very well.

I'm ordering more of their other products now, but the Authentic
products strike me as unique.  They combine rice flour with two types
of bean flour (garbanzo and broad bean).  This gave it an unusual
sweet taste, and I suppose theoretically it brings the amino acids
into proper balance for a nutritionally complete protein.
They should really be marketing this product to vegetarians as well as
celiacs.

I substituted the milk in the recipe with soy milk, and I used
Authentic's pure dehydrated maple sugar for sweetener.

I am not associated with Authentic in any way, but after the last few
months of truly horrid wheat and gluten-free breads and pastas, I was
delighted to find a product that actually exceeds the flavor of the
wheat product it replaces.  There is hope.... :)

On the pasta front, I recently discovered Pastariso's rice pasta,
which has been a superb replacement for wheat pasta.

--
Will Estes                              U.S. Computer
Internet: [log in to unmask]                POB 3150