From:
Elizabeth Jereb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 17:15:28 EDT

Thanks to everyone that responded.  The responses were very helpful and the
support from everyone was terrific.

Summary of suggestions:

1.   Probiotics and multivitamins, took one everyday saw results in 6-7
months.

2.  Start the GF diet with only fresh foods first.  Then introduce prepared
or packaged food items.  If you do it slowly it will be easier to recognize
what foods bother you.  Recommended GFwebsites.

3.  Recommended two websites for microscopic colitis :  <A HREF="www.finerhealth.com">www.finerhealth.com</A>
and
<A HREF="www.malinowski.com">www.malinowski.com</A>

4. Two months of GF is good but get to know the hidden culprits of gluten and
wheat.  For example:  lotions, shampoos, and soap.  Also look for oatmeal in
these same products.  Two months is a good start but some people don't see
results from a gluten-free diet for many months.

5.  Recommended making meals at home and starting with simple foods:
chicken, rice, boiled potatoes, margarine, steam distilled water etc.

6.  2-3 months may not be long enough to see results.  It takes a long time
for those gluten-induced antibodies to be removed from your system.  If you
cheat on the diet your past efforts with GF will not help you.  Those
antibodies are once again stimulated and your body has to restart the long
process of clearing it from your system again. Be strong - You'll
congratulate yourself in a few more months!

7.  Also recommended was pepto bismal caplets along with GF diet.  (For more
on this treatment see the above web links.

8.  Some bodies take longer to heal than others depending on the damage.

As you can see, I had  lots of helpful responses with my question. I hope
this helps others with my same problem.

Betsy