Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:34:53 -0500

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised with my responses about Budweiser.  i was shocked to hear of people who drink beer without a problem.  a few people said they have drank Budweiser without a problem, and one person said they drink heineken.  one person said that the FDA says that it is safe a quote from someone about Budweiser was...

"What Bud says is that "Their beer is made
from RICE but barley is used for brewing and that is turned into amino acids and their scientists have been unable to detect any gluten."

of course, there is the question that some grain could be left over after the distillation process.  only two people said it wasn't ok.  the question is the same with distilled vinegar, which i have always eaten since diagnosis.  i get my blood tested every year and my anti body level has been normal since the diet.  i am 21 years old and very cautious with my health.  i do react to small amounts of gluten and beer has never caused a reaction for me.  I'll play it safe and pay attention to the signs my body gives me after drinking beer and if it starts making me sick, I'll stop drinking it but right now...this is too good to be true!

Kate