From:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:16:31 +0000

My son's class is celebrating the 100th day of school next week and the
teacher wants to make a "trail mix" by counting out 10 items of 10 different
snack foods.  She is willing to work with me and make substitutions for
gluten containing items so that my son can participate.  However, I need a
few more ideas for gf substitutions.  Here is what she has in mind

Chocolate Chips
M&M's
Raisins
Peanuts
Mini-marshmallows
Popcorn

all of the above items can be GF so here are the problem items:

Pretzels - I thought about either Fritos or Potato Sticks
Cheerios -
Chex - I thought about sending a couple of boxes of GF frosted flakes
Teddy Grahams -

I don't need exact substitutions but she does need 10 items that 6 years
olds can make groups of 10 with.

Thanks for your help!
Valerie