From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:44:21 -0400

Can you stand one more post on communion?
My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in a few
months.  We have plans for them to renew their vows and party
afterwards.  I would like to make it possible for my mother to receive
communion. When I first mentioned it to the priest he told me it was not
possible.  After we talked for awhile he said he would try to get
"special permission" from the Bishop.  I am expecting him to say no but
would like some info in case he does let me do this.
Is it still possible to buy communion made from rice?  I know at one
time we could mail order but I believe that is no longer possible.
My question is for those who have been able to solve this issue with
their church.  Do you make your own bread and just break off a small
piece?  Please email me privately with recipes or info on where I could
purchase communion ready made.
Thank you.
Ginny
New Jersey