From:
Pilgrim South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:48:35 -0600

Here I am again....I really don't mean to be pesky just full of questions
now that I am back on the list again.  Here goes....I have trouble getting
jittery,  hypoglycemic symptoms if I eat too many carbs so I watch my
fat/protein/carb ratio.  With having to make our own bread out of rice I
sometimes get into trouble with too many carbs.  Does anyone else have that
problem.  I put olive oil on the bread (as well as in it) to try to
counteract it but I can't eat any of the sweet good stuff in my gluten free
cook books and was wondering if anyone else had this trouble and what they
did.  Sometimes I put coconut milk into the recipe (I make ice cream with
it) to have more fat.  I weight about 100 and always am trying to gain
weight.  I am gaining now as things have seemed to calmed for me after
being on a gluten free diet now for a few years.  Any ideas?

Also,  I have recently ordered a little of the Vance's dari-free to try it
and it was great!  Our 13 year old son love the chocolate milk as
well.  The problem is we can't find it anywhere and the shipping is quite
high ordering it over the internet.  Our local Whole Foods and other
natural food stores in Houston (we are a little ways out of Houston, Tx)
tell me they don't carry it because their supplier doesn't carry it, they
said that maybe it had something in it that wasn't natural or something so
that their supplier wouldn't carry it.  Hmmm does anyone know how to go
about getting a supplier to carry it?  I contacted the supplier and they
said contact the company that makes it and ask them to contact the
supplier.  When I e-mailed Vance's they said to have the store contact them
about supplying it.  I think I am lost in the shuffle.  Any ideas from
anyone that has done this before?

1. Hypoglycemic trouble with carbs.

2. Vance's Dari-Free.

Thanks again for your friendly advice and wisdom....fellow
celiac....Pilgrim South

Visit our families web site at: http://members.aol.com/SowersSeed