From:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:02:42 -0500

Over the past several weeks the American Celiac Task Force (ACTF) has
sent out hundreds of emails to the celiac community, letting folks know
about our legislative project.  Specific information about the ACTF is
available through our website at www.celiaccenter.org/taskforce.asp  .
From this site, individuals can "TAKE ACTION" and generate an e-letter
to their U.S. Senator or Representative to educate them about celiac
disease, and requesting the legislator's support for food labeling
legislation.

Senators from Kansas (Pat Roberts) and Missouri (Christopher 'Kit'
Bond) are members of the Commitee which oversee food labeling issues.
These members need to hear from YOU, their constituents.  Let them know
that in order for you to make safe food choices,  ingredient labels
must be clear, and concise.
Anything you can do to activate celiacs in your community will make a
huge difference.  We have reason to believe the bill will be brought up
in the Senate HELP Committee later this month.

We encourage you to go to our website, and send an e-letter.  Better
yet, make a call to the Senator's local office to let them know your
views.

Andrea S. Levario
Co-Chair, Legislative Project
American Celiac Task Force