From:
Ken Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 23:20:35 -0400

Hello all,

As many of you know, Trader Joe's does a good job at offering gluten free
options in their stores (try their new NGB Gluten Free beer!  It's the best
I've had!), but one area that this vegetarian has been very disappointed in
is that they offer only one version of tempeh (a naturally gluten free
Indonesian soy protein product) and it has gluten in it, as they add
barley.  I've talked with the staff there, and they say that they best way
to get them to alter products is to have enough people post to their
website saying that they would like a change.

This is where you come in.

Since we celiac vegetarians has fewer options, I'd really like your help on
this.  If you could go to
http://www.traderjoes.com/about/product-information-form.asp, and fill out
the form (you can even cut and paste my comments below), I'd really
appreciate it! If enough people wrote about it, there's a chance for a
change.

This is what I wrote.
*
As someone with Celiac Disease, I'm quite disappointed that Trader Joe's
only offers Tempeh with gluten included.  Tempeh is naturally gluten free,
but by having only one option and forcing me to shop somewhere else to get
a safe product (that costs 250% more at Whole Foods!) is really sad.
Trader Joe's does so well at supplying gluten free options, but this is one
are that you're really deficient.  I certainly hope you can find at least
one gluten free tempeh to offer.*

Thanks! I'd really appreciate your support!

Ken Mattsson

*******
*******