From:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:30:06 -0600

I used to react to Amys meals, so I stopped eating them.
It was hard to do, and I did not admit to myself that it
was the Amys for some time. I notice that the poster who
claimed them to be safe refers to her CD daughter so she
is not speaking first hand. The reaction to trace amounts
of gluten my present as dermatitis herpetiformis or a
headache, or even inability to concentrate. It may not
present as a full-blown celiac attack.

To say that (for example), "I know these meals do not
contain gluten because 'she' is SOOOO sensitive I just
know that 'she' would react if there WAS gluten in them -
is not helpful in this case. It is an arbitrary and
defensive statement in the face of several first hand
accounts of suspected gluten ingestion from these meals.

Furthermore, the comment "they often see "wheat" as being
the basis for every illness known to man rather than
actually addressing other possibilities and getting them
checked out" is also very defensive.

I would say that "they" (we) also don't end up contracting
the flu, a cold, or an ear infection more than once a
year. I cannot recall the last time I needed to see a
doctor or pick up an Rx.

Don't know how many people are in this boat with me - but
I react to some of the products that provide disclaimers
on the package. No matter how good-tasting they are (Blue
Diamond Nut Thins), or how convenient (in the case of
Amy's meals), I will not compromise my health (ie.
continue eating them and constantly consider the "other
possibilities" for why I feel so retched).

Take care,

Megan