Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 09:43:45 -0500

>I suspect part of the problem is psychological.  If you blindfold
>someone, give them a class of lemonade, and then tell them it is milk,
>they are likely to taste the lemonade and immediately think they are
>drinking spoiled milk.  They will think it tastes bad because it is
>not what they expected or are used to when they drink milk.  However,
>if they were expecting lemonade, they would like it.  I believe such
>is often the case with GF foods, particularly breads and pastas.

I completely agree.  On many occasions I've served GF foods when guests were
completely unaware that they were made differently from what they were used
to (like my wedding that I posted about recently).  I believe we need to stop
referring to gluten products as "regular" as opposed to gluten-free foods.
 Just because our society relies on gluten doesn't make it better or
"regular".  My husband (a non-celiac) enjoys the foods I eat because I've
gotten more knowledgeable about products and discovered more vendors making
quality products (like Gillian's Rolls, Gluten Free Panty and Authentic
Foods).  When we go out, he'll eat what he pleases or go GF if he feels like
it. I think we need to start feeling good about our healthy living style!!!!
Mary Collins in Connecticut moving to Virginia!!!