Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:12:06 -0800

The question about the draft got me to wondering again.  Have any of you
who are in the military, or any of your relatives/friends in the military
had any problems because of their celiac?

I ask because my brother (Navy) doesn't want to get tested and has some of
the same symptoms as I had, plus some. He says he probably was already
tested for that-- they have given him so many standard tests, blah blah
blah.  The military does not normally screen for celiac does it?

He also worries that if he tests positive for some disease, that he'll be
considered unfit for duty and given an honorable discharge before he has
earned his retirement.

Any comments/information?

Thanks!

MW