Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:32:15 -0800

I thought I should add to my previous post about heartburn etc. that I was
wrong about one thing. I have been informed by another member who has
checked this out thoroughly that acid inhibitors, such as Zantac, do not
cause a rebound acid reaction. They inhibit the production of acid and this
does not cause your system to want to produce more. Antacids such as Tums
and Rolaids, on the other hand, neutralize the acid that has already been
produced and this causes the system to dump more acid to compensate for the
loss.

I thought I was getting a rebound from the Zantac because when I took it, I
also took a Tums or two for more immediate relief. Nice to know the
difference now.  -vance