From:
Irma R DeBruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 02:43:20 -0400

Thanks for the help I received from others on the list.  I was able to
access Thomas for information on legislation. There are really two bills
of interest. H.R. 3199 and H.R. 3200. In order to really evaluate these
bills one really must have the current laws in hand to see if how these
amend and
change the current status. 3200 speaks to food additives and may be
important for us to react to. I think it is important to examine these
bills very carefully. 3200 also speaks to the process and criteria for
petitions to the FDA. 3199 seems more about drugs.

I have been following the FDA thread and I think that this is the time to
let our legislators know that we are watching and are concerned. The FDA
is an executive agency and can only implement to the extent that laws and
regulations derived from laws permit. If there are group leaders whose
groups contain any lawyers maybe they can help us understand what the
implications are for us.

I have really only skimmed 3200 but it seems that it does have some
import.

Please help.
Thanks
Irma De Bruyn