From:
Sharon Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 14:34:38 -0500

Since I asked for help in eating safe in Italy, I thought I would give a
quick message on how it went.

Every restaurant was very cooperative.  They seemed to be very careful
as they didn't want to take a chance.  The key has to be taking a
printout in their language of the message you want to give them
regarding your diet.  I printed it on bright orange paper (not large). I
had it laminated and carryed it with me.  Very few kept them so I really
didn't need to print as many as I did.  I also put some of  my pasta
(individual servings) in baggies and on the outside of the baggie, I
tape a message in Italian about cooking it in clean water, using a clean
sieve, spoon, etc.  That also worked well.  I'm glad I trusted what you
told me as I didn't have to haul much food.  The granola bars (Ener-G
Foods) worked great for breakfast.  They don't spoil and were easy to
take.

I hope this is helpful for those planning to travel outside of your
country.  In case you didn't know, the "Against the Grain" has several
languages in it.

Thanks to all of you who helped me.

Sharon in KS