From:
Hal Norman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hal Norman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:39:37 -0800

Hello Everyone,
     Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to wait until after my trip, so
that I could add my two cents.  8^)

I had three replies, here the summary:

    Everyone mentioned PF Chang, Claim Jumper and Outback Steak House in
Reno. Both have GF menu's. I know there has been some discussion on the list
serv last year about the sauces @ PF Chang's getting mixed up with the
gluten sauces. Also, one person had a bad experience at Claim Jumpers, she
said "Do not bother with the Claim Jumpers restaurant which claims to have a
GF menu. We went in November and it was so difficult to get a basic salad
that the manager eventually comped our meal - as rotten as it was- because
they just couldn't manage a GF request - and it wasn't even busy."

Other restaurants that were mentioned are: Mimi's Cafe, Chevy's(you have to
ask for the GF menu), *Francis' Asian Bistro* as the owner/chef formerly
worked at the PF Chang's. The *Stonehouse Cafe* has wonderful salads that
are naturally GF, In N out burger(protein style),

steakhouses:  Harrah's Steakhouse, Charlie Palmer at the Grand Sierra,
Bistro Roxy at the El Dorado, Sterling's at the Silver Legacy.

Grocery stores that were mentioned: a large Whole Foods Trader Joes and
Raley's supermarkets carry GF items.

As far as I was concerned, I'd add that there's a sushi place(I brought my
own GF soy sauce) in Circus Circus, called Kokopelli's Sushi, also a
Steakhouse in Circus Circus called The Steakhouse at Circus.

Thanks to everyone who replied,
-Hal

--
-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"