From:
Dawn Grassick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 01:53:15 -0400

Hi Everyone

I've read that coeliacs have trouble digesting fats and that's why they are
often very thin.  Also, they have trouble getting enough of the fat-soluble
vitamins. I can understand this since an impared intestines may not absorb
certain things.

However, I've read in a couple of places that coeliacs respond well to a
diet that is free of gluten and 'high in calories and protein and LOW IN
FAT'.  I don't understand enough about the digestive process to know why
this should be.  Is it just because coeliacs don't absorb fats very well or
is it an enzyme impared thing like those coeliacs who have problems with milk?

Thanks Dawn