From:
Steve Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:33:26 -0400

I recently went to Virginia Beach and found some fantastic GF food:

Heritage Health Foods
314 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451-3020
(757) 428-0100
They have a good range of GF food, including Udi's bread and other good
brands.  There is also a Trader Joes and a Fresh Market, plus normal grocery
stores.

A few good restaurants are:
Gringo's Taqueria
612 Norfolk Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451-4468
This is a little hole in the wall place with like 5 tables and fantastic
cheap food.  They don't have a GF menu, but the only gluten in the place is
beer and flour tortillas.  They can make anything other than burritos with
corn tortillas, and it is fantastic.  They tend to run out of some things
late in the day because they buy everything fresh.

Pasta E Pani (http://www.pastaepanionline.com/)
1805 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23454-4538
(757) 301-7488
This is some of the best Italian food I've ever had, GF or not.  They will
make any of the pasta dishes with GF pasta.  The risotto changes day to day,
but when I was there it was GF and one of the best things I've tasted in my
life.  There are several great GF deserts too.  Don't go to VA beach without
going here.  It is a nice Italian place, so you'll spend some money, but it
is well worth it.  It is on the side of a strip mall type place, but don't
let the outside fool you.

Thanks,
Steve