From:
Kristin Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:10:30 -0700

Another question for my listmates...

I am curious if anyone has developed any additional
food allergies since being diagnosed Celiac?  I've
only been diagnosed since April, but over the last few
years I've developed food allergies to: beef, eggs,
lamb, cabbage, peaches, garlic, mushrooms, lettuce,
cucumber, onion, parsley, green peppers, and peanuts
(confirmed by my allergist).  These were all things I
could eat without any problems about 5 years ago.
About 1 year ago, the only items that had given me
anaphylaxis reponses were beef and eggs....but just
recently (last month or two) I have had increased
reactions to more of these items especially lettuce
(which is very depressing since salads were the one
thing I felt safe eating out - if I brought my own
dressing.)  I've now asked to be retested to find out
if I have developed any additional allergies since
I've had so many problems/reactions recently.  I am
just curious if anyone else has had additional
problems or more allergies develop since being
diagnosed Celiac?  I am fully aware that these are not
related to any gluten problems - they are real food
allergies.  However, I am wondering if having Celiac
Disease has made me more susceptible to other food
allergies?  Thanks for any info....