From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:03:15 -0800

Thanks to EVERYONE who responded to my inquiry regarding making a gluten-free Barbie cake.  I rec'd tons of responses, and even a great photo of a GF one!  I even rec'd an offer from one of my friends and local ROCK moms to help me and do a GF creative baking day!  This was quite a long summary..... 7 different posts to the ListServ to get everything in there.  If you would like a complete copy of my summary in a Word doc file (and a photo of the picture that was sent to me...) you are welcome to email me directly an ask for me to send you the whole file as an attachment.  I am always happy to share my GF findings and info (as many of you may already know).

(this reply came in yesterday as I was posting my summaries to the board).
Better late than never...
I've never made one of these GF, but pre-celiac days I made my daughter one from a regular (glutinous) cake mix in the Wilton doll dress cake pan and could not get the center done-I ended up cutting out a large slice from the center and putting it back together.  So I would
rcommend the idea of making several 8 or 9 in round cakes and stacking them,  then
trimming them into a dress shape. The best cake mix we have found is to use Pamela's baking mix and use her suggestions for the cake option.

Thanks so much for all of your replies!
Melonie Katz
Northern Virginia

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson