From:
Shelley Case <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shelley Case <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:58:54 -0600

CELIAC DISEASE ON THE NBC TODAY SHOW
The big power blackout and computer viruses may have shut things down
August 14-17 but I'm delighted to report that NBC rescheduled my live
interview on the gluten-free diet to August 18. I had 3 minutes to
discuss the gluten-free diet and labeling issues with host Matt Lauer.
Prior to this interview, a 6 minute taped segment with Dr. Alessio
Fasano, people with celiac disease and Andrea Levario and Allison
Herwitt from the American Celiac Task Force were interviewed. You can
see the video online at www.celiaccenter.org
Check out "in the media"  at www.glutenfreediet.ca  to see my NBC
pictures and the Leader Post article. I could write another book about
surviving the New York blackout with my husband and the NBC experience
but I'm too busy with celiac disease awareness activities and
educational programs.

HOT OFF THE PRESS
The July 2003 edition of  "Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource
Guide"  is hot off the press. New products, companies, resources and
updates have been included and the book has received  "A National Best
Seller" designation!  To read the book reviews, view the table of
contents and find out how to order see www.glutenfreediet.ca

DIETITIANS LEARN ABOUT CELIAC DISEASE
"Celiac Disease: Hidden and Dangerous" was the title of my 1 hour
presentation at the Florida Dietetic Association conference in Naples in
July. Evaluations were extremely positive and dietitians said they
wished the session was longer and recommended a workshop next year!
Jeannie Zibrida, dietitian and sales representative from Prometheus
Laboratories and I also had an exhibit booth at the conference.
Dietitians were very excited to receive information about celiac disease
and the gluten-free diet.

I will be speaking at the Dietitians of Canada regional workshops on
celiac disease in Vancouver September 19 and Victoria September 20.
Contact [log in to unmask] for more information or to register.

Cynthia Kupper, RD and Executive Director of GIG, Carol Fenster and I
will be presenting at the American Dietetic Association conference in
San Antonio, Texas October 27 from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Marriott
Rivercenter Hotel. The 1 hour session and reception is sponsored by the
Dietitians In Gluten Intolerance Diseases group (DIGID) which is a
subunit of the Dietitians in General Clinical Practice group of the ADA.
Gluten-free vendors will be displaying and handing out samples of their
products.
I will also be selling my book at the Product MarketPlace and giving out
a Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Tool Kit for dietitians which will
have resources and information from a variety of celiac organizations
and companies.
Look forward to meeting the Texas celiac group members on Tuesday.
October 28 where Cynthia Kupper, Mary K Sharret and I will be speaking.
Contact Lynn Rainwater at [log in to unmask] for more details.

Shelley Case, B. Sc., RD
Case Nutrition Consulting, www.glutenfreediet.ca
<http://www.glutenfreediet.ca>
Author: Gluten Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide
Co-Author: Celiac Section, Manual of Clinical Dietetics, American
Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada
Medical Advisory Board: Celiac Disease Foundation, Gluten Intolerance
Group, Canadian Celiac Association
Advisory Board: Living Without Magazine and Gluten-Free Living Magazine
EMail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>