From:
Sally Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:00:37 -0600

Sorry it took so long to get this summary done. Thank you to everyone who
responded. As it turned out my trip was shorter than planned so, while I got
one lobster meal, I didn't have a chance to look into the others. But here
is the list:

For lobster:
Legal Seafoods (12 responses all but 1 positive) -- was also given high
marks for being celiac-friendly
Roy Moore's in Rockport (tried to go there but it was closed for the season
& due to reopen 2 days after we were there!)
Woodman's in Essex
Turner Fisheries
Anthony's Pier 4

Celiac-friendly places
Austin Grill in Cambridge (actually has a gf menu -- all you have to do is
ask for it). 3 recommendations.
An Indian rest. at the corner of Newbury St. & Fairfield St.
A Tibetan restaurant in Cambridge, near MIT
Marche in the Prudential building
Noble House (a Chinese rest. in Brookline that will prepare a gf meal w/ at
least 24 hours notice)
Fire & Ice in Harvard Square
Pho Pasteur, Vietnamese restaurant
Masa (on Tremont Street in the south end)
Naked Fish (Cuban restaurant specializing in grilled veggies & fish)
Olives (Mediterranean rest. known for wood-fired grilled & roasted meats)

How I wish I could have tried them all! We ended up getting our lobster at a
place in Gloucester called Mr. T. Their sign outside said "No frills
lobster" so we figured it wouldn't be too expensive! It was wonderful! I
loved that whole area.

Thanks again.