From:
"J. Rackley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:56:26 -0800

My sister has been diagnosed with severe allergies.  She has been
told to eliminate wheat and consume her other allergens no more
than once a week.  She cannot eat:  potatoes, corn, eggs, tomatoes,
shellfish.  For some reason the sheet that the doctor gave her also
said no rice flour (cross-contamination problem) and no buckwheat.
She doesn't appear to have a problem with rice allergy.  Millet and
tapioca are not mentioned on her list.

She is 13 and is a tall girl and still growing (she is already 5'8").  She
had relied on lots of starches in her diet in the past.

I am gluten intolerant and rice allergic, so I am used to eating corn and
potatoes for my grains.  I advised her the safest is to eat fresh meat and
vegetables, but she does want some starch and snack foods,

Can anyone offer some advice I can pass on to her about
1) starting a restricted diet
2) eating at school (or taking lunches) and peer pressure with friends
3) recipes that are good, easy snack foods and eliminate her allergens
4) online or other resources for corn and potato allergy

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jenny Rackley
Woodinville, WA