From:
Gina McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:08:29 -0500

I wanted to send TWA a response to the abrupt rejection of GF meals that
was requested of them by Michael Muller, I received the following:

<<Subj:  RE: Questions from twa.com
Date: 2/11/00 2:49:38 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: [log in to unmask] (In-Flight Services, Internet)

Hello, Ms. McKenzie.  Thank you for contacting TWA In-Flight Services via
e-mail.  I have received a couple of other e-mail messages over the past
three years concerning gluten-free meals and am familiar with Celiac's
disease.  Our Dining staff tells me, however, that there is not enough
demand for this type of meal from the flying public to offer it as a special
meal option.  I'm very sorry.  (I'm so glad that other carriers can provide
one for you.)

From what I can determine, airlines which offer special meals do not all
offer the same kinds of meals.  For example, we offer special meals for
customers with various religious or dietary restrictions, but also offer a
low-carbohydrate meal, which no other airline does.  We just don't offer
gluten-free meals.

Again, I sincerely apologize for not being able to accommodate your request.

Jo Milligan >>

It's sad to see that she's only gotten "a couple" of requests over the past
3 years.

It would be nice if more people would voice their requests to their web
site at WWW.TWA.com.

Thanks
Gina
NJ