From:
kimberly nash <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kimberly nash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:08:09 -0400

Hello, I'm new to this list and thought I would introduce myself.  My given
name is Kimberly but I go by GiGi.  It can be confusing because my e-mails
will come in from: Kimberly Nash, and they will be signed GiGi.  It probably
won't cause much of a problem because I will mostly lurk.  I've been GF for
about 18 months now.  I didn't get a diagnosis of celiac sprue because I
lost my insurance before I got the biopsy done.  I do have what appears to
be DH that has cleared up since I went GF, and my blood work lead my GP to
believe that I am celiac.  My other major symptom was painful joints that
have also cleared up since beginning a gluten free diet.  I never really had
GI symptoms that were obvious.  I spent most of my life constipated, with
lots of foul gas.  That changed though, after I went gluten free.  Now I
have very loose painful movements when I have eaten anything that I
shouldn't.

I am very proud to say that I work for Great Harvest Bread Co. in
Chattanooga Tennessee.  We've just started a gluten free product line.
We're making these items in our outlet store.  There is no other production
at this location, so there is little to no risk of cross contamination.
It's nice to be able to eat good fresh bread again.  Some of our GF
customers have been so happy they've been moved to tears.  It makes me feel
good that out of my own suffering I have come to an arrangement that also
benefits others (who probably feel a bit disenfranchised).

Well that's my introduction.  Thanks for being here.
GiGi