From:
QUILTRING <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:34:13 EST

Chris, who is 8, was in cub scouts the other night.  In spite of my list of no
nos, they brought in a box of macaroni noodles for the scouts to paint.  They
were making Indian necklaces.  Neat idea, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was on
Tuesday.  Thursday at 5:30 am Chris woke up vomiting and diarrhea.  There was
no fever.  There is no way for me to know if it was really from him handling
the macaroni or if it really could have been the flu.  I might also mention,
Chris is diabetic and his blood sugars plummeted to the 30s even though we
kept him sipping regular 7UP with sugar.  This is telling me that he wasn't
absorbing nutrients very well.  Has anyone else had experience of handling
wheat products with absorption through the skin?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Pat W.
Lititz PA