Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 16:09:49 -0500

< Perhaps one activity the local support groups could start
< organizing would be a system of advocates for celiacs
< who live in nursing homes and have no relatives nearby
< to monitor their diets and raise hell as needed.

In addition to nursing homes, another area of concern should be agencies such
as Meals On Wheels who deliver meals to elderly shut-ins. I don't know if any
of them do, but none of the ones I'm familiar with provide any sort of
specialized meals other than diabetic.

Marti Nicoll
Canton, Ohio