Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:06:20 -0500

Is there anyone on the list that lives in (or near) Saginaw, Michigan?  I'm
going to be making a trip there next weekend for my brother's wedding.  I was
there a year ago, but that was before I went on the gf diet.  Can anyone
recommend a couple of restaurants that are willing to cater to a person who
wants a gf meal?  And, does anyone know where a health food store is that
might carry gf bread, in case I run out of my reserves?   I'll be flying
USAir, but part of the flight is on a commuter plane, so no snacks will be
offered, so no problem there.

This will be my first time travelling anywhere while on this diet.   I will
be bringing along some of my own bread and gf treats.  I figure I can pick up
extra stuff like fruits and veggies when I get there.  Luckily, my brother's
future mother-in-law is going to speak to the caterer to make sure my meal at
the reception is gf.  We're going for a broiled chicken and baked
potato...add that to the veggie trays and I should be alright (I hope!)

Does anyone have any tips for travelling and adapting to eating in an
unfamiliar place?  And if anyone has any info on Saginaw, please send me a
private e-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Deb
Blacksburg, VA