From:
Kim Snowden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 22:58:27 -0800

I can only tell you as a nurse why I am more then happy to go outside
the established medical profession to look for answers. First of all
Dr.'s and nurses are not allowed to push passed established "Standards
of Practice".   Dr.s are confined to established treatment for specific
diseases. If they move outside these boundaries they risk the insurance
company not covering expenses or worse their license. A Dr. who studies
on his own and has done his own research can not freely implement his
knowledge if it is in any way outside the "established boundaries.  He
is restricted, stifled, and therefore must leave the establishment in
order to progress. This is why I'm open to Dr. Fine, and other
alternative practices.

I in may ways don't trust the medical establishment. In the very very
short time I worked in a hospital I saw needless procedures done on
elderly patients who were sure to die soon, just so the hospital could
bill for those procedures. Meaning, the "established medical practice is
not all that ethical".

A lot of the clinical trials which medicine is based on were done with
mostly white male patient. No one took into account that females, and
different races can react very differently.  Many medications that have
been released to the public as "safe" have been later found to be
dangerous. In other word, the traditional practice of medicine has it's
problems.

The established medical community is big business in this country and
that's just a fact.

I am all for medicine, don't get me wrong; and I think most Dr.s and
nurses are very noble people, but they are working within the confines
of a giant machine.

Therefore, where you see Dr. Fine as questionable and possibly
unethical. I see someone who is possibly courageous, innovative and
progressive.

Kim Snowden