From:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:19:18 -0500

 <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Continuation:

I have swollen lymph glands under my arms periodically.  My celiac friend has
them on her neck.  Both of us experience this when fatigued.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've had the problem since I was a young child.

For me, it only happens when I eat something I react to ... unfortunately, I react to all grasses, so I can't eat any monocots. That's wheat, rye, barley, corn, rice, oats, and sugar cane (includes anything related to them, also). I react to nuts and milk products, as well). YIKES!!! ;-0

Keep in mind as you go through this: you could have other intolerances ... took me years to figure it out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a lump in my groin for my whole life.  MD's said don't worry about it.  My acupuncturist did a session and eliminated it.  When it comes back, I go to him or my massage therapist.  Wish I could remember where I read this, but somewhere it said that gluten cannot be processed by us lucky people.  Therefore it becomes stuck in our lymph system.  It is actually in your stomach meridian, in Chinese medicine.  Drink lymph draining teas.  Red clover, vervain( nasty tasting, but VERY effective) and find a massage therapist that does lymph drainage.  Better yet, find someone with a cold photon light.  It dissolves the lumps immediately.  Some chiropractors have them.  You will find better luck with integrative medicine than you will with American medicine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
one post on another site said to eat watermelon and jump on a mini
trampolene for your lymph system....I would try the watermelon...massage is
good for the lymph system.  If you can find one of the wooden rollers--I
think it is designed for your feet....it is about 6 x 6 inches (roughly) and
has 3 wooden rollers on it.  I have one and every morning when I wake up I
roll it over my entire body to get my circulation going....I can feel the
moisture increase in my nose, etc (my body is very dry)..I highly recommend
it--it really helps me--makes the pain go away and I can walk when I stand
up instead of hobbling to get going....check out your toothpaste and
mouthwash---don't use mouthwash with flouride or alcohol---just don't use
mouthwash--it dries up my salivary glands--so does toothpaste with neem and
tea tree oil---I buy children's toothpaste without flouride (flouride causes
the thyroid to shut down)-- try just a little bit of baking soda--too much
will be drying --rinse your mouth well.....BTW Ayurveda recommends a  self
massage when you first wake up in the morning.  Chew your food well--get as
much saliva as possible mixed in it.  Eat as many foods as possible that
contain liquid---fresh fruits and veggies---grate veggies very fine, chew
well--don't eat dry foods like crackers, popcorn, etc--if you do load them
down with liquid containing foods..If I eat any gluten free grains
products--I have to eat small amounts and load them down with raw grated
veggies--example:  a piece of Amy's rice crust pizza with finely grated raw
carrot, z squash and celery piled high on top of it.  D'Adamo, ND said that
the liquid from raw fruits and veggies get right into the cells--water
cannot
replace the nutrients found in the liquid of raw fruits and veggies---My
problem stems from a very dry digestive tract.  As Dr. David Williams who
writes the Alternative Newsletter wrote, the problem is not too much acid,
the problem is not enough mucus.  I have tried Slippery Elm, Marshmallow
root, DGL, etc. but none of that stuff works for me.  My digestive tract
either expels it rapidly or attacks it with excessive acid.  Emphasizing
moisture and eliminating dryness helps me.  Keep your humidity at a high
level.  Sleeping in a dry bedroom really has a negative impact on my body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I occasionally-- 2 years gf-- still get swollen lymph nodes. I suspect food
allergies on occasion. Also if I eat too many (for me) sweets, or perhaps
simply get too much stress or try to do too much. My energy level still has
a difficult time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I get that. It seems to come with an overgrowth of yeast and sometimes
just some really severe allergies to mold,mites,etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are draining all the crap out of your system....normal

you should be taking "the formula" to build up your leaky gut which we all have
fromt the celiac....take 1 each     l-glutamine capsule and probiotics complex
WITH EACH MEAL.....just doing a gf diet heals the gut in 5 or 6 years, doing the
formula cuts it to 6 months!  One of the results is less reactions to gluten

If you do get a gluten reaction, take the homeopathic remedy VETRATRUM ALB 30C 2
pills under the tongue as needed.  Stops
gluten reactions cold.  My md/homeopath recommended this ten years ago when I was
first diagnosed.  To this day, I do not leave the house without it.  Cost $5 in
health food store.  Can also get formula at health food store
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
please consider the possibility of it being an inflamed salivary gland, in which case you would need antibiotics.
Yes !!!  My son and I both get occasional lymph node flare ups. I've never
really associated it with a specific incident of gluten ingestion, but
interesting now that you mention it. We also both get cystic acne flare ups,
which we have directly associated with gluten.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have had painful, swollen lymph nodes on and off for 20 years. My lymph
nodes, swell and get very tender on the right side of my cheek and neck, if
I get a cold sore, canker sore or swollen gums. This scenario has decreased
immensely since going gf 2 years ago. In addition, the swollen lymph node
under my arm pit has "calmed" way down since going gf. If you find out any
medical reason for these symptoms, please post a summary. THanks.
That is probably not a lymph node. It could be a parotid gland that is
swollen.

I would really suggest that you see your physician