From:
George McCaig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 12:52:20 -0500

I wrote Spectrum Naturals Inc. about the grain vinegar
in their canola mayo.  If you can have corn, that's where the
vinegar comes from.  A Nancy in Consumer Products called me Friday.
She said it is gluten free and they wish to work with celiacs
and wish to contact the Celiac group. She said they need expert
help  from the group with products such as salt for celiacs etc., but
would like to be able to label their products gluten free. They
are looking into 'second generation ' sources too.   A nice helpful lady.
Canola used to be called rapeseed oil and the new name is Can for
Canada where it was developed and ola short for oil.  I read something
about canola on a post questioning GF of canola but I don't remember what.
You need to find that out yourself as I am not yet GF as I have not been
tested yet.  They do make all kinds of oils.

I buy a lot of their products such as oils, vinegars and a canola spread
with no trans fatty acids.  A lot of it is organic.  I am new to the
celiac game but have been around the block a few times with
Environmental Illness since 1976.

Their address so you can check all the ingredients of these
products for yourself is:
Spectrum Naturals Inc.,
133 Copeland St.,
Petaluma CA
94952 USA
Ask for info re all their products - they have all kinds of brochures
re the use of good fat in our diets-- the most important thing you can do
for good health.  We seem to think all fat is bad but that is not so.
There are Essential Fatty acids we need that our bodies can not produce.
They even have a brochure to tell you maximum temperature to heat
each kind of oil.

You can buy Spectrum Naturals at your health food stores. I am not
affiliated with the company in any way - just buy their products
exclusively.

Ellie