From:
Jill Eisenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Eisenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 23:14:01 -0500

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post about GF eating at the
Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. This is a summary of the emails I received:

this past June my family stayed at the RIU on Paradise Island,
which is an all inclusive resort right next door to the Atlantis, and we
had absolutely no problems with any of the food.  Both my daughter and I
have celiac.

I traveled there a few years ago and did not stay in a villa with a kitchen,
but wished that I had. Things could have changed in the past few years,
maybe you will hear from others who have been there recently. But if I went
back I would definitely stay in a place with full kitchen. The food
everywhere was extremely over-priced and I felt very limited in what/where I
could eat.

We stayed at the Atlantis Resort last summer, 2010. We were in a regular
hotel room and didn't have too much trouble getting GF meals at the
restaurants. Here is an article I wrote about it:

http://wayoftheceliactraveler.blogspot.com/2011/01/taste-of-paradise.html.

We stayed in the villas. Didn't have too much success in the
restaurants. We were able to find food in a grocery store

We have several reviews for Atlantis on our website, GlutenFreeTravelSite (
http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com ), which is a website containing
thousands of user-submitted GF dining and travel reviews, searchable by
location.
Simply visit our Search/Mapping page (
http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/maps/map-locator.php ) and enter Bahamas
into the Search Box. You'll see that Atlantis comes up three time, because
it has been reviewed three times. Click on each entry to see it highlighted
on the map. Then click on the link that pops up to read the user-submitted
review.