From:
Diana Kite <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Kite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:20:48 -0500

Howdy!

My name is Pam Pierce.  My mom, who is now a list member, is still hospitalized after being diagnosed with celiac. She was so malnourished she is on TPN and a PICC line, her albumin was only a 1 and her potassium continues to fluctuate.  She has been sick for about the past 3 years, her cholesterol was only 80.  My husband and I are helping her out and are looking at food options.  It seems one of the most immediate needs will be for a bread of some sort--the hospital bread is horrible.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best combination of flour types to make a regular sandwich bread?  My mom isn't a big bread eater but loves her noontime sandwich, and likes toast at times.  I'd appreciate suggestions so I can begin to gather needed ingredients for her pantry.  Any suggestions for newbies would be appreciated!

Thanks
Pam Pierce, on behalf of Dee Kite