From:
Donna DeVisser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna DeVisser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:15:28 -0600

I've received some good responses regarding my trip to Oregon.  To summarize, I will be driving up the Oregon coast from the south, heading inland to Corvallis, then heading back to Denver through Bend.

Thank you so much for the input.  Other than the restaurant suggestions, I'm very excited to visit my first Trader Joe grocery store.  Colorado doesn't have these stores so I'll be looking forward to seeing what I can find.

Here are the responses that I received:

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com<http://www.goodhealthpublishing.com/>  for a list of 105+
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items.
There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant
personnel to ease the ordering process.

***********************************

I dont know if you'll go nearby, but I personnally Chrisalis, new owner of an Italian restaurant and a great Chef:  http://www.bellacucinaofsunriver.com/<http://www.bellacucinaofsunriver.com/>
She has been training at my restaurant:  www.casagranby.com<http://www.casagranby.com/>
As we have an extensive GF menu, she is well aware how to avoid contamination.   She has celiac herself.

************************************

In Bend..Meranda's an upscale place downtown is excellent and can handle GF
directions..Toomies Thai restuarant around the block can too.. say no soy
sauce..only fish sauce..Deschutes Micro brewery ditto.

************************************

If you hit Portland at all, there is a totally gluten free restaurant there you must try!  You could try googling it, I can't remember the name.  Also, Oregon has Trader Joe grocery stores that are awesome, and carry products.  Have a wonderful time - it's a beautiful place!

************************************

I had a wonderful meal at a asian place in Eugene last summer.  Sorry,
don't remember the name.  Very eclectic.  It was on a main street close
to downtown

*************************************

I live in Eugene, Or and we have good restruants and markets to shop. Choices health food store is off of Willamette and it has glutenfree products.
Our suppoort group email is "[log in to unmask]"
We also have a Trader Joes off of Coburg Road that has a glutenfree list. Many of our restruants, you just need to ask or tell them what you are looking for. Cafe Yumm is very good and it is in the Oakway Mall. beans and rice dish. We have Outback steak house by Gateway Mall and you can ask for the GF menu. The chef is Celiac. Ihave eaten there once. Really,Really good!

***************************************

Choices Health Food store
2791 Oak Alley  of East 28 St., above Long Meat Market
Eugene, Or
338-8522
Call for store hours
No web site available yet

***************************************

I have Celiac and live in Corvallis!  =)  I have had success eating gluten free at:

China Delight Restaurant
Chinese Food
325 NW 2nd St
on 2nd between Harrison and Van Buren (very main streets)
Downtown Corvallis
Chef: Danny Nguyen (sp)
541-753-3753

AND

Intaba's
NW Organic/Local Cuisine
1115 SE Third St
by the First Alternative Coop (great source for GF foods!)
South Corvallis
Talk to Ocean or Intaba
541-754-6958
Intabas.com

***************************************

Wish I could remember the name, but in the Redmond area there was a pizza
place with GF pizza. It's been probably 3 years since I was there, wish I
had a better memory!

Zydeco on HWY 97 S X the street from Outback are the only two restaurants that have GF menus.  However, if you have a restaurant card you can show it and be well treated every place except ERNESTO's Italian.

Guiseppe's is a favorite and even has GF pasta 923 NW Bond 389-8899 or take your own and tell cook it.

McGrath's Fish house is my favorite since my son Lynn is a manager there; ask for him or if it is a cool day, have the Fisherman's stew--it's GF and great.

Scanlon's at the Athletic Club has GF  soups if no pasta is in them.  Always ask and show your card.

Natures' Store in the Wagner Mall has a great selection of GF foods plainly marked.

Country Store  across from Bob Thomas Cheverolet has a good selection most of the time.

Wild Oats is East of town by Costco has a good selection + fresh GF bread from our Sister's Bakery -- Angelines.

Since you are coming through Sisters (I assume) so over to north to 121 W.Maine Street and get Fresh GF  bakery items:  call 2 or 3 days ahead if you want to reserve rice bread, scones, brownies etc.